On Thursday's edition of Tonia's Kitchen, we learned about a simple yet succulent Panini bursting with all kinds of nutritious, but delicious ingredients. Kathy Strahs, the author of The Ultimate Panini Press Cookbook told Tonia about a Strawberry, Banana and Nutella version that will leave your taste buds wanting more. Kathy told Tonia it can be eaten as breakfast or dessert. She also says when making Paninis, she likes to see grill marks on the bread.
Kathy's recipe from her blog PaniniHappy.com
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 3/4 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 4-6 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the panini grill to medium-high heat.
- For each sandwich: Spread 1-2 tablespoons of Nutella inside two slices of bread. Top one slice with strawberries and bananas in a single layer. Close the sandwich and brush melted butter on top.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes until the sandwich is heated through and the bread is toasted. Slice in half, serve immediately and enjoy