It's probably hot outside, but we've got you covered! Here at Tonia's Kitchen, we try to make staying cool a delicious task. Marilyn Linton, who wrote the book 125 Best New Ice Cream Recipes stopped by to tell Tonia about her Blueberry Ginger Ice. She takes two cups of blueberries, simple syrup (half sugar and half water that's been cooked), grated ginger root, lime juice, a nice amount of mint and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Marilyn then adds it all to ice cream maker and freezes the mix later. No cream, just healthy fruit that's got a job to keep you cool!
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) Simple Syrup
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grated ginger root
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh mint (see Notes)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice