LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
It's true...wood smoked eggs are amazing! The smoke brings out a flavor you have not experienced...unless you happen to be someone like Steven Raichlen. The author of Project Smoke joined Tonia's Kitchen to discuss his recipe for Deviled Smoked Eggs. Steven says this recipe includes a lot of room for your imagination. Case in point, you top the eggs with bacon or salmon or even caviar. One important note though, when you use wood chips in whatever you're smoking, Steven says to soak them before smoke, then drain the water. The reason for that, Steven says, is to ensure your smoke lasts longer.
- 12 smoked eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, Tabasco sauce, or other favorite hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste